Re: ISSUE-4 - versioning/DOCTYPEs

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 14:46:01 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: public-html@w3.org, Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
On 17.05.2010 10:57, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> Use case #3 is already obsolete. HTML parsers that expose XML-parser-compatible APIs are already available, so the content consumer should use an HTML parser instead of an XML parser. Since use case #3 is already obsolete, it's not useful to cater to the use case.

For the record: I appreciate all the work that you've done in creating
an HTML5 parser. Really.

But the availability of your work doesn't necessarily mean everybody can
start using it right away. In many cases, corporate Java developers are
stuck with whatever the current SDK gives them, and adding a dependency
on an open-source project just is either impossible or at least very
very hard.

(And yes, I'm talking from experience)

Best regards, Julian