Re: Timed tracks

On Wed, 5 May 2010, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> I'm not objecting to exploring new formats or new versions of existing
> formats, but I don't believe that the HTML5 specification should the
> definition of such thing. At the minimum, it should be in its document.

I don't have a strong opinion on what the W3C decides to do with respect
to splitting documents. The HTML5 spec as it stands at the W3C is already
splintered into many more documents than the WHATWG's version; if the WG
decides that this should also be split out, that's fine by me. It's just a
few lines in my spec generator script.

Having said that, WebSRT is going to integrate tightly with the HTML media
element DOM and with some CSS proposals, so I would recommend against
splitting out the format description (see Conway's Law).