Re: //head/object

On May 3, 2010, at 12:52 AM, Toby Inkster wrote:

> In HTML 4, <object> is allowed as a child of <head>. Not so in the
> current HTML5 draft.
>
> I can't seem to find any mention of this change in the draft spec, nor
> in the html5-diff draft. I've searched for '"object element" html5
> head' on Google to try to find the reasoning for it, but nothing's
> come
> up.
>
> Can I ask why the change? If this is an oversight, and we do want to
> continue to allow <object> in <head>, then can the draft spec be
> updated; otherwise can the html5-diff draft be updated?

Assuming you accept the explanation that others have given (that
browsers), could you please file a bug against the diffs document to
mention this difference?

Bug filing URL: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=HTML%20WG

The component for the diffs document is "HTML5 differences from HTML4
(editor: Anne van Kesteren)

Regards,
Maciej