Re: HTML CHANGE PROPOSAL; change definition of URL to normative reference to IRIBIS

On 26.02.2010 03:45, Larry Masinter wrote:
> With regard to ISSUE-56, ACTION-171:

I support this change proposal, because it will allow us to make
progress on a problem we've been aware of for over a year now, and on
which we haven't made any progress for a long time.

In particular, right now, HTML5 has a normative reference to a spec
(WEBADDRESSES) that nobody seems to own, and on which it's apparently
impossible to get feedback.

There are certain details in the change proposal that I think will need
adjustment (such as where to draw the line between the two specs), but
the best way to get there is to apply this change proposal, and then to
file bugs on both specs going forward.

Reminder -- the IRI Working Group currently is scheduled to meet on
Friday, March 26, in Anaheim (<http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/77/>).

Best regards, Julian