Re: Zero-edits Counter Proposal for Issues 1 and 2 (Ping)

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> >
> > Tab, would you be ok with that too? (Drop ping from HTML5, consider
> > again for future versions of HTML.)
>
> Sorry for the delay here.  I've heard that Chrome has some interest in
> implementing @ping sooner rather than later, and so would like to wait
> for some input from them.
>
> (If they don't respond themselves, I'll be able to solicit a response
> directly by the end of next month.)

I can confirm that Google is interested in implementing ping="", in order
to realise the user benefits, but we can't commit to a particular
implementation timeframe. We don't mind implementing it based on the
WHATWG draft, though, should the HTMLWG feel that it is too early to have
ping="" in the W3C HTML5 draft. We presume that after collecting
implementation experience, should the attribute prove useful, we would be
able to reopen this issue.

HTH,