Re: Updated DOCTYPE versioning change proposal (ISSUE-4)

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Leif Halvard Silli
> This will kill off the extendibility of already published versions of
> HTML. Or make quirksmode popular.

I highly doubt that either of these outcomes will occur because people
aren't allowed to use an internal subset in their doctypes.  This
seems like a *supremely* niche issue.  I could probably count the
number of authors who could usefully write one of the doctypes on two
hands (note, though, that I can count pretty high on two hands, so I
think I'm covered well).

Though I would be interested in ensuring that the doctypes generated
at http://www.xanthir.com/etc/doctype.php are still valid.

~TJ