Re: Video copy protection

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 00:01:00 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:

> It does seem to me though that the copyright information would be
> better placed in the video file rather than in the HTML markup
> pointing to the video file. So that if you have several pages on your
> site that link to the same video file, you don't accidentally forget
> this attribute in one of them. Also so that it works if someone
> navigates directly to the video file, in which case there is no
> markup.

So you navigate to the file, click Save, the browser refuses to save it,
then you take that URL and feed it to wget or whatever your favorite
download tool is, and it happily saves the file because its author hasn't
even heard of some “copyright bit”. However, because the bit in the file
header is on, the author of the download tool gets sued by the content
owner?

--
Alexey Feldgendler
Software Developer, Desktop Team, Opera Software ASA