Re: role=presentation must not be applied to focusable elements

Hi Steve,

In other threads I know that you have argued that many ARIA roles show
be allowed since scripts and CSS could produce the same behavior for
non-AT users. For example in bug 10449 it is argued that role=checkbox
should be allowed on <h1> since you can use CSS and script to make a
<h1> look and act like a checkbox.

However isn't that true in this case too? For example

<input onfocus="blur()">

is purely presentational since you can't interact with it to enter
text. Shouldn't then role=presentation be allowed?

Or do you simply disagree with both and think that bug 10449 should be
WONTFIXed?

/ Jonas