Re: Report on testing of the link relations registry

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:27:30 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org
On 17.08.2010 14:55, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> But after having seen that page, I personally have no problem with that
> process and the page content itself. I do wonder why there is a second
> registry at IANA now and why IANA and the microformats.org
> <http://microformats.org> group cannot work this out. It could even be

Ignoring process requirements etc for a moment: the key difference is
that the IETF Web Linking spec establishes a registry for link relations
in a more generic way, not limited to HTML or Atom.

Best regards, Julian