Re: ISSUE-27, was: Report on testing of the link relations registry

I see no such thing in http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27 ?

> Your point seems to be that even writing a spec is too much work. I
> disagree with that, but that's it. There's your reply :-).

Thank you for reading my email and missing my point entirely.

Writing a specification as a barrier to enter the registry is too much
work. Many link relations have seen widespread adoption before a formal
specification was written. I have no objection against requiring a
specification before formally approving a link relation, but putting one
in the registry (marked as "proposal") should be very very easy.

As e.g. XPointer solved it: http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpointer-policy.html
(I agree with Ian though that not adding more systems for the W3C Team to
maintain would be a good thing and that therefore a wiki is better.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/