Re: ISSUE-100 and convergence of specs

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:48:26 -0400
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 04:52 PM, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
>>
>> If the chairs don't care about spec convergence and just want to act
>> as though the WHATWG spec doesn't exist,
>
> Strawman.

To clarify, I did not mean to imply that anyone actually believed
that.  Julian suggested that the chairs should ignore the fact that a
change here would increase spec divergence.  I replied that this would
be appropriate *if* the chairs did not care about spec convergence,
but since I think the chairs *do* care about spec convergence, I would
expect them to at least consider the argument (even if they feel it's
outweighed by other factors), not ignore it.  So, I don't know where
you see a straw man here.