Re: Polyglot Markup/XML encoding declaration

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:12:52 +0300
Cc: "Martin J. Dürst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, HTMLwg WG <public-html@w3.org>, Eliot Graff <eliotgra@microsoft.com>, public-i18n-core@w3.org
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
On Aug 2, 2010, at 11:26, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2010, at 07:30, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
>> In fact, validator.nu already has a "Polyglot" preset which checks both ways.
>
> Actually, it doesn't. It has UI for a feature that was supposed to be in development but that hasn't actually been developed.
>
> I've been too busy to remove the UI.

The UI is now gone.

Sorry about letting the UI ahead of full back end implementation cause confusion for so long.

In case anyone is wondering about the future of the feature: This doesn't change what I have previously said about accepting patches to the back end. However, patches for restoring the UI are now explicitly unwelcome until the back end works.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi