Re: ISSUES 90, 91, 93, 96, 97 -- if you DON'T support these change proposals, support zero-change instead

On 04/30/2010 09:24 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:
> I asked in another email to respond if you supported these change
> proposals. Many thanks to Laura for being the only person who does.
>
> Now, I'm trying to gauge (or is that meter?) the support for "zero
> change, all of these items are fine the way they are" change proposal.
> Laura had a good point: if you support the zero-change proposal,
> you're saying, in effect, these items are fine, just as they are.
>
> I'm trying to determine how much _direct_ support there is for the
> zero-change proposal. This will help me decide what I need to do about
> my change proposals. If you believe that the elements are fine, as is,
> and no change is necessary, can you please respond to this email?
>
> Needless to say, if you support any of my change proposals, please
> respond in the other email thread.

As I just said on another thread[1], I'd like to discourage the use of
this mailing list for expressing sentiments of +1.  Instead, I would
encourage everybody to review all proposals and decide which ones they
would object to, identify with as much precision as possible the reasons
why they would object to those proposals, and (if at all possible)
identify what changes could be made to those proposals which would
result in a proposal that they could support.

Note that in the above I said "this mailing list".  There are plenty of
other venues for doing what Shelley suggests: create a wiki page, use
www-archive, IRC, twitter, email, phone, meetups, whatever.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1287.html