Re: ISSUE-88 content-language: informal consensus check

Like the I18N WG, I have changed my mind - and have been revising my
change proposal to reflect this. In essence, I now support the I18N
WG's original proposal, which, in effect (on the spec) basically is
identical with what Julian and Roy is saying.

Otherwise, what Addison says on behalf of the I18N WG, does not hold
true: making Content-Language non-conforming will *not*, quote:
"eliminate the confusing (and not useful) overlap in language
declaration".

Making the META content-language non-conforming, will only move the
"confusion" one step higher up. Because, the HTML5 spec is clear on the
fact that HTML5 conforming user agents will inherit the language from
the server whenever there isn't whether a @lang attribute nor a META
content-language element.

Leif Halvard Silli

Maciej Stachowiak, Wed, 28 Apr 2010 21:09:42 -0700: