Re: Proposal to make Content-Language pragma non-conforming altogether for ISSUE-88 (mark I)

On 29.04.2010 00:12, Phillips, Addison wrote:
> On 9 April 2010, Ian Hickson proposed [1] a solution to Issue-88 that said in part:
>
> --
> SUMMARY
> People are confused by the Content-Language pragma, so it should be made
> non-conforming.
> --
>
> The Internationalization Core WG has officially endorsed this proposed solution [2]. Existing, legacy documents (and non-browser processes that use this markup) will not be harmed by this solution while this will eliminate the confusing (and not useful) overlap in language declaration.
>
> (for I18N Core),
>
> Addison

Again: the syntax inside meta/http-equiv is defined by the definitions
of the HTTP headers; not HTML. This is a layer violation.

Add discussions for client-side handling of specific values if you want,
but don't break this feature.

Best regards, Julian