Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-82 profile-disambiguation by amicable resolution

On Apr 21, 2010, at 12:24 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

>>> I do not disagree with the statement that's left, but now it really
>>> lacks context; it's a "Note:" without any text it refers to. Maybe
>>> one
>>> sentence needs to be added stating what you just said.
>>
>> If this isn't a blocker for ISSUE-82, perhaps that could be a
>> separate
>> bug as well? I'm willing to file it, it does seem worth clarifying
>> that
>> the note is there because attribute was in previous specs.
>
> As much as I'd like to close ISSUE-82, this is really a problem
> caused by the suggested change. We really should fix it.
>
> So *if* we have consensus that the spec doesn't define the IDL
> attribute we consequently should also drop comments about it (yes, I
> just changed my mind on that).

Julian, based on the more recent comments on this thread, do you still
think this needs to be changed? Do you object to closing ISSUE-82 at
this time? (This point seems at best tangential to the original issue,
so I'd rather not block the ISSUE-82 resolution on it, but it's up to
you.)

Regards,
Maciej