Re: Zero-edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-90 figure, ISSUE-91 aside, ISSUE-93 details, ISSUE-95 hidden, ISSUE-96 progress, and ISSUE-97 meter

On Apr 22, 2010, at 11:24 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 5:31 AM, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>>
>> And evidently, you've also modified the Decision Policy in the
>> meantime.
>>
>> It seems that the co-chairs no longer make decisions based on the
>> strengths of the arguments, or the rationales given. From the
>> Decision
>> Policy, it would seem now that the decisions are based on popularity
>> in polls, and votes.
>>
>> So, it doesn't matter what I say.
>
> Hmm.. That is not what I'm seeing in the current decision policy. It
> does instead seem like if there is no clear result of the poll, there
> is a risk of infinite loop where we return to discussions until there
> is a clear consensus.

I think Shelley may have just been making a snarky remark (not sure
about what, and please take it to www-archive if you want to discuss
it), rather than citing an actual change. That or she was mistaken.
The actual Decision Policy document has not changed.

If we don't reach consensus on these issues through discussion, the
likely outcome is a survey-based decision, like we did for ISSUE-76
rdfa/microdata.

As always, the Chairs hope the Working Group can come to consensus
without resorting to that step. So I'd particularly like to hear
whether anyone has changed their views or has new information, now
that we have both proposals and counter-proposals on this issue.

Regards,
Maciej