Re: Zero-edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-90 figure, ISSUE-91 aside, ISSUE-93 details, ISSUE-95 hidden, ISSUE-96 progress, and ISSUE-97 meter

On Apr 22, 2010, at 5:03 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:06 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 21, 2010, at 7:46 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Several of us have written a zero-edit Change Proposal to keep the
>>
>> various new elements, attributes, and controls that are up for
>>
>> deletion. You can find our Change Proposal on the WG wiki here:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/KeepNewElements
>>

>> It's good to see some specifics. I appreciate you all taking the time
>> to respond to my change proposals.
>>
>> Co-Chairs, I ask for some time to respond to this counter-proposal.
>> I'm assuming that the May 6th deadline is still viable for
>> counter-proposals. May I have until that time to modify my change
>> proposals to answer the issues raised in this counter-proposal?
>>
>> We're not going to cut conversation off before everyone has had a
>> fair
>> chance to revise their proposals.
>> However, since we're not expecting additional alternate proposals or
>> counter-proposals, now seems a fine time to start discussion.
>> Regards,
>> Maciej
>>

> Folks can discuss if they wish. I would rather make adjustments in my
> change proposals in order to respond to new issues raised with this
> change proposal. Frankly, I don't feel comfortable in participating in
> discussions in this group.
>
> Additionally, just because you're not expecting any other
> counter-proposals doesn't mean there won't be any. You have recorded a
> specific date for such counter-proposals. I suggest you honor the
> date. These items have been treated irregularly from the beginning. I
> would hope for some consistency at some time in the process.

Hi Shelley,

If you look at the issue status page you can see that I did not remove
any of the May 6th deadlines. Example: <http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-091
 >. All I'm saying is that the floor is now open for email discussion,
if anyone has new information to add.

Regards,
Maciej