Re: Change Proposals toward Issue-9: "how accessibility works for <video> is unclear"

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:03:29 +0200, Joe D Williams <joedwil@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> Same requirements and best practice for all elements/attributes, I
> think. Are there other examples where the same string is used for
> attributes that carry different information?

Yes, e.g. the type="" attribute on <input> versus how it is used on <link>.

> Anne wrote > Elements using name="" are found using getElementsByName()
> which does not
> look at whether name is used on an element where it is allowed or not.
>
> Thanks, getElementsByName() has nothing to do with attributes named
> @name. That interface deals with element names, not atributte name.

That is getElementsByTagName(), not getElementsByName().

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/