Re: Change definition of URL to normatively reference IRI specification using a well-defined interface

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, Mark Davis â~X~U wrote:

> For Issue #1, I like the formulation. However, I'd like to see one more
> piece of information (logically) returned: if the parse could not
> continue to the end, then what was the last character successfully
> parsed.
>
> That is, in "http://google.com*<space>*", it would return the offset
> between the "m" and the space.

I have no objection to these algorithms returning even more than was
listed in the descriptions I wrote; the descriptions are just what I
believe we need for HTML. It seems very reasonable for the algorithms to
satisfy other needs as well.