Re: Change definition of URL to normatively reference IRI specification using a well-defined interface

On Apr 7, 2010, at 12:32 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> On 07.04.2010 09:23, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> If we can get agreement to provide an interface roughly similar to
>> what
>> Ian proposed, then I'm sure there's room to negotiate the details.
>> I'm
>> really interested in hearing whether this general approach is
>> acceptable, before we deep-dive on specific details. What's your
>> position? Right now, I don't know what you think of any of this other
>> than that you question some of the proposed outputs of the "parsing
>> an
>> address" algorithm.
>
> I think it's absolutely the right thing to do. See the very first
> thing I said in <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0153.html
> >.

Thanks for clarifying! I didn't automatically assume that "progress"
meant you agreed with the basic direction. I'd really really like to
hear from Larry or one of the other IRIbis editors whether this basic
approach is acceptable, and then if any of the details are sticking
points, I would hope we can hammer those out.

Regards,
Maciej