Re: native elements versus scripted

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If there was interest in doing this before, why is only now people are
>> asking these questions?
>
> If I understand your question right, in large part nothing has
> happened in this area in the past because W3C stopped development of
> HTML after the release of HTML4.

Jonas, I know the history of the WhatWG effort. It started with Web
Forms 2.0. These web elements were not added to the spec a couple of
months ago. They've been in the spec for years. The datetime input
element type was added to Web Forms 2.0 by a group of Opera, Mozilla,
and Apple folks in a private email list over six years ago.

So, folks knew that these issues were going to arise at some point.
And since these elements didn't arise in HTML4, I'm not sure why it
would be pertinent to the current situation.

> / Jonas

Shelley