Re: ISSUE-96 Change Proposal

On Apr 1, 2010, at 1:14 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 1, 2010, at 12:01 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>>
>>> This discussion is become circular, evidently most people disagree
>>> with me. That's fine. I don't agree, but will take my arguments
>>> elsewhere.
>>>
>>> Most of my proposals were about removing these so-called "semantic
>>> elements". If the co-chairs want to close these proposals, since no
>>> one agrees with me, that's fine too.
>>
>> The Chairs are very much interested in seeing the level of support or
>> opposition for this proposal, and the other similar proposals for
>> removing
>> elements. That would be useful feedback for determining the next
>> action.
>>
>> So far, my read on this discussion is that a number of people
>> disagree with
>> the proposal, some have expressed concerns without taking a firm
>> stance, and
>> no one besides Shelley has voiced support. So far, I have not seen
>> direct
>> comments on the other proposals.
>>
>> We will be monitoring the ongoing discussion.
>
> That's OK, too. When will the co-chairs let me know if I need to make
> any edits to the change proposals? We already know that Issue 94 is
> being closed out. I'm assuming the others are still living, though.

I'm hoping we can get some feedback on recently submitted Change
Proposals soon, though I don't have a firm date at this time. We will
prioritize issues under active discussion.

If you look at the status page you can see the majority of the items
now have the next action on Chairs: <http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html
 >. We are keenly aware of this and will work hard to avoid being the
bottleneck.

Regards,
Maciej