Re: ISSUE-96 Change Proposal

On Apr 1, 2010, at 12:01 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> This discussion is become circular, evidently most people disagree
> with me. That's fine. I don't agree, but will take my arguments
> elsewhere.
>
> Most of my proposals were about removing these so-called "semantic
> elements". If the co-chairs want to close these proposals, since no
> one agrees with me, that's fine too.

The Chairs are very much interested in seeing the level of support or
opposition for this proposal, and the other similar proposals for
removing elements. That would be useful feedback for determining the
next action.

So far, my read on this discussion is that a number of people disagree
with the proposal, some have expressed concerns without taking a firm
stance, and no one besides Shelley has voiced support. So far, I have
not seen direct comments on the other proposals.

We will be monitoring the ongoing discussion.

Regards,
Maciej