Re: Request for Volunteers: Polyglot spec

On 04/01/2010 11:42 AM, Adrian Bateman wrote:
> On Friday, March 26, 2010 1:53 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> I took an action item from the TAG yesterday to convey the
>> following request:
>>
>> The W3C TAG requests there should be in TR space a document which
>> specifies how one can create a set of bits which can be served
>> EITHER as text/html OR as application/xhtml+xml, which will work
>> identically in a browser in both bases. (As Sam does on his web
>> site.)
>
> [snip]
>
>> I filled in a bit of context based on my understanding of the
>> problem domain.  I'm copying the TAG in case any of these
>> additions misrepresents what is being requested.  I personally
>> don't have the bandwidth to edit such a spec, but I would be quite
>> willing to review, comment, and contribute to such a spec.
>
> Hi Sam,
>
> I'd like to volunteer to make a start on this document. Eliot Graf
> has the bandwidth to edit the document and Tony Ross would also like
> to contribute. I know from the telcon discussion last week that with
> at least your and Philippe's input we should be able to make good
> progress quickly.

I will confirm that I will have plenty of input to provide.  :-)

> I await a decision from the chairs to see if you'll accept our offer
> to edit the spec.

I agree with Maciej that you don't need further approval, and also
acknowledge your desire to collaborate up front rather than merge later.
  If we get any other volunteers, we will take steps to connect the
people who are interested in the topic.