Re: HTML interpreter vs. HTML user agent

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, 28 May 2009 16:20:52 +0200, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
> wrote:
>> Permit me to turn that around... can we precisely identify in which
>>  contexts the "#content-type-sniffing:-feed-or-html" section is
>> meant to apply?
>
> Doesn't HTML5 do that?

HTML 5 does do that.  There have been assertions that HTML 5 defines
operational behavior that may vary between applications[1].  This may or
may not be an example of what Roy was referring to.  Even if it is an
example, it may be one that we come to rough consensus on anyway.

Without necessarily resolving each at this time, I would like to collect
a representative sample of the behaviors that Roy was referring to.  At
this time, I would like to thank Henri Sivonen for providing such an
example[2].

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0513.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0525.html