Re: minutes: HTML WG Weekly 21 May 2009 [draft]

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On May 23, 2009, at 11:01 AM, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 May 2009 23:57:41 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I think the flaw identified in the document should be fixed, even if
>>> it remains a Working Draft. Would anyone like to make an argument for
>>> not fixing it? Or for doing something other than my proposed remedy?
>>
>> I don't see ay reason not to fix it,
>
> I'm going to fix it as soon as I can coordinate with Anne.
>
>> but given the nature of the document, it might be even easier to
>> publish a new version that simply has a changed status, clarifying
>> that the group has no plan to take this any further...
>
> Hmm. The original document was published as a Working Draft on track to
> become a W3C Note by a lopsided vote of the Working Group in favor. If
> we are going to reverse that decision and decide not to ever publish it
> as a Note, then I think we need something more than informal discussion
> on a conference call.
>
> So, I would object to publishing a version that says the group has no
> plans to take the document further, until and unless we have clear
> consensus on that point.

I agree that it was a lopsided vote.

I agree that there was an intent to publish as a Note, but disagree with
any implication that it constituted a commitment or a decision to
ultimately publish as a Note, in particular I disagree that it was a
decision that would need to be reversed.

I disagree that the conference call is "informal", but I agree that
further discussion is warranted.

- Sam Ruby