Re: Concerns about new section "predefined vocabularies"

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Yes,
>>
>> but the hCard microformat isn't defined in the HTML spec.
>>
>> So, my issues are:
>>
>> Procedural - the WG is working on trying to find consensus on all
>> sections of the spec; sections without consensus are to be removed (at
>> least that's my understanding of the process). Also, the editor
>> himself announced a "feature freeze" quite some time ago. So, why are
>> we seeing these new sections without *any* prior discussion?
>>
>> Spec Size - the spec already is big, and there is no evidence that
>> this needs to be specified *inside* the HTML5 spec.
>>
>> Extensibility - the current chapter copies terminology from RFC2426,
>> but misses it's extensibility hooks, and thus fails to mention things
>> that have been defined later, such as the IMPP type name.
>>
>> Parsing - for some types, parsing rules are being rephrased from
>> RFC2426. There is a risk that they diverge.
>>
>> Versioning - the IETF is revising vCard, see
>> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-07>. Is HTML5
>> going to freeze the vocabulary at a version that the IETF is currently
>> obsoleting?
>>
>> So, I do agree that it's a good exercise to define how to expose vCard
>> data in RDFa and/or "microdata". But please do so in a separate
>> document, and without ignoring current IETF work.
>>
>> BR, Julian
>
> I note there was no feedback on this. Does silence mean agreement here?

While I didn't mention your email by name, the question you pose here is
an example of the one that I talked about here:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0161.html

> In the meantime, the "spec" also contains instructions how to convert
> HTML to Atom, and a section about BibTeX (!).
>
> I have no problem with people trying to specify this *somewhere*, but I
> do have a big issue with this being done in HTML5.

This needs to be resolved prior to Last Call.  For now, lets focus on
the content not the container.

> BR, Julian

- Sam Ruby