Re: "Technical specification"

On Thu, 21 May 2009 16:43:12 +0200, Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org> wrote:
> (Separate threads for separate topics)
>
> I was using the term "Technical Specification" in the
> RFC 2026 (IETF BCP 9) section 3 sense, see thread starting with
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Dec/0105.html.
>
> I think it was a good discussion, and helped clarify the role
> of traditional language specifications vs. documents that
> mandate implementation behavior.

Reading BCP 9 (which is very vague on this subject by the way) it seems like HTML5 is both a "TS" and has "AS" requirements where appropriate. I certainly wouldn't say it is not a "TS".

(In addition it seems that BCP 9 is ok with having the two in one document although it is discouraged if the "TS" spans several domains. Then again, this is not the IETF.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/