Re: Concerns about new section "predefined vocabularies"

On May 13, 2009, at 4:52 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm very concerned about what's going on here in the spec -- see <http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#vcard
> >.
>
> This mainly replicates information from the IETF vCard spec (RFC
> 2739). I realize that the author may think that that spec is not
> sufficient; but the right way to fix this is to participate in
> revising it (see <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-07
> > and <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/vcarddav/>), not by creating a copy
> in W3C space.

It seems to me that this section defines how to extract vCard fields
from an alternate serialization (HTML5 + microdata), and how to parse
and validate  that alternate serialization, but defers to vCard for
the details of interpreting the fields.

That seems about right to me. It's also pretty much the way the hCard
microformat does it.

Regards,
Maciej