Re: use case focus - resending

Sam Ruby wrote:
> I'm not going to disagree with anything said here, but I will try to
> add a bit of perspective based on timelines and locations
>
> Shelley Powers wrote:
>> I'm resending this as the email system seems to have eaten the first
>> message:
>>
>> I'm concerned that the focus on semantic markup in HTML5 has turned
>> from a review of the many use cases that have been submitted (see
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Apr/0208.html),
>> to a focus on implementation details of Ian's Microdata proposal.
>> This is the unfortunate consequence of the HTML WG's CRT process.
>
> I'll note that Ian's use cases were posted on 23 April, i.e., nearly
> three weeks ago.
>
>> We may find that as Ian continues his review of the use cases, that
>> the Microdata proposal will change, or issues related to the overall
>> effectiveness of Microdata proposal will arise.
>>
>> As it is, we've already discovered that Ian has made incorrect
>> assumptions in at least one use case, but when I pointed out the
>> incorrect assumption, Ian didn't respond with a correction to his use
>> case review.
>
> I believe that you are referring to something that you posted on
> Sunday morning, i.e., less than three days ago?

I wouldn't be so impatient, if I wasn't watching a great deal of effort
going into cementing microdata as _the_ approach, before we've even had
much of a discussion on it.

After today, though, I'm less concerned. Much less concerned.

> Credibility, however, is a more difficult issue to address.  All I can
> say is that if issues are raised in the working group (and we have a
> formal issue tracker and bugzilla instance to help us), all such
> issues will be addressed before drafts advance; and furthermore I
> intend to give everybody sufficient time to adequately participate.

I will then discover the arcane rituals one must take in order to add
this as an open issue. Slitting the neck of a chicken at midnight I'm
sure will figure into the procedure...

Shelley