Re: microdata use cases and Getting data out of poorly written Web pages

On May 11, 2009, at 1:55 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 2009, Sam Ruby wrote:
>>
>> It also appears that Ben's objection could be addressed by simply
>> picking a
>> name other than 'property' for that particular attribute.
>
> Indeed. At the risk of starting a permathread, if anyone has any
> suggestions of a name that's better than "property", please do
> suggest it.
> So far, the only suggestion has been "key", which isn't really
> better than
> property="". I think it would do more harm to HTML to have a bad
> attribute
> name here than it would to RDFa for the attribute to be the same
> (there is
> actually no conflict as the spec is written now, it's only if RDFa
> starts
> extending into new fields, e.g. prefix-less identifiers, that there
> would
> actually be a serious problem).

Synonyms for "property":
- attribute
- aspect
- quality
- trait

Looking at it another way, synonyms for "relation":
- relation
- connection
- predicate

It's probably not a good idea to use "attribute" but I think most of
the others should work.

Regards,
Maciej