Re: typeof document.all

On Jun 19, 2009, at 12:03 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:

> There is interop between Opera, WebKit and Firefox that typeof
> document.all returns 'undefined'. I think this is needed for Web
> compat.

I think all non-IE browsers that implement document.all go to
elaborate lengths to make various tests for it fail - the idea is to
provide it for pages that use it unconditionally, but stop pages that
test for it from going into an IE-specific code path. However, as far
as I can tell HTML5 doesn't spec document.all at all, so I'm not sure
it's relevant for the spec to describe these things.

  - Maciej