Re: canvas: globalAlpha should not throw

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Simon Pieters wrote:

> The spec doesn't call out NaN and Infinity for globalAlpha. I think
> globalAlpha should be handled consistently with the other canvas
> attributes and not throw an exception.
>
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-canvas-element.html#dom-context-2d-globalalpha

The spec says:

   Unless otherwise stated, for the 2D context interface, any method call
   with a numeric argument whose value is infinite or a NaN value must be
   ignored.

...and doesn't appear to contradict this in the definition of globalAlpha.
Am I missing something?