Re: unescaped ampersands was: several messages

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Julian Reschke wrote:
> > > You are making something "valid" which makes parsing href attributes
> > > significantly harder, and which increases the risk of these kinds of
> > > references leaking into other formats.
> >
> > Actually no, this didn't involve any differences to the parsing rules
> > at all. The only difference was to conformance checkers, and the
> > difference was minimal. This change in no way increased the complexity
> > for UAs that do not do conformance checking.
>
> As far as I can tell, it increases the complexity of recipients that
> choose only to support conforming documents.

Yes. Such user agents are few and far between (I've never seen one) and
are thus not a priority.

> PS: "Several Messages" is totally unhelpful as a subject line

Pine automatically switches to that subject line when I reply to multiple
messages that had different subject lines. I didn't think to check that
this had happened this time since I didn't expect you or Kornel (or your
mail clients) to have changed the subject line.