Re: Design Principles, Section 1.6.1 relationship to HTML 4.01

On 6/1/09 7:01 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> From my point of view, a push to publish a Design Principles document
> as a formal W3C Note is a distraction.  To be clear, I am not saying
> that the Design Principles document itself isn't useful and
> interesting, but the effort to publish it as a Note means that the
> details of the wording is something that must be discussed.

There seem to be group members laboring under the assumption that the
Design Principles document does not apply to their suggestions or
objections. I would like to put that two year old distraction to rest.

There may be wiggle room in some of the points, but that's not
concerning. My view is that suggestions and objections that violate the
Design Principles document in obvious ways will not be taken seriously
by browser vendors.

- Rob