Re: Publishing a new draft (HTML5+RDFa)

On Jul 30, 2009, at 7:13 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Your questioning seemed to imply my suggestion suggestion might not
>> be made in good faith. I think that is unwarranted.
>
> I did not mean to, and I apologize if it came off that way.
>
>> It seems that some WG participants are uncomfortable with a
>> perception of forks or branches, and I've suggested a way to
>> proceed that would appear less forky.
>
> My observation is simply this: such a proposal would be more
> credible if it were applied equally to micro-data and RDFa.

Even with your clarification, I feel that your remarks have a "gotcha"
quality. As a result, the conversation is about my credibility,
instead of about the merits (or lack thereof) of making RDFa an
orthogonal spec, or the merits of making microdata an orthogonal spec.

If you'd like a suggestion to be made about microdata, then making it
yourself might be a more fruitful approach than questioning why I
didn't make it.

Regards,
Maciej