Re: PHP code only allowed in XHTML 5?

From: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:23:08 +0200
To: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>
CC: public-html <public-html@w3.org>
Patrick H. Lauke On 09-07-29 19.20:

> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>
>> We're not breaking compatibility.  PHP never had any real
>> compatibility, in the sense you are claiming, with HTML, SGML or XML.
>> We're just clearing up the fiction about PHP itself being conforming
>> HTML, or even SGML or XML for that matter.
>
> Breaking my usual silence to

Seems like we are all behaving in our usual ways, then.

> just +1 this (and this despite being a PHP man by trade).

Why do you say +1 to completely different rules for HTML compared
to HTML 4.01, XHTML including XHTML 5, and XML. And to
non-validity for <? ?> from begin with, something e.g. <% %> isn't
suffering? Is this view based on a view on how PHP should be used?
In other words, is it a PHP based argument, or what?
--
leif halvard silli