RE: Publishing a new draft (was: Draft of @summary text for HTML 5 poll)

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:04:37 -0700
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> Ian, Anne, Mike: it is time to meet our heartbeat requirements.  Would
> it be possible for each of you to do whatever magic it takes to produce
> a new published draft (and accompanying HTML 5 differences document)?

> I'm quite willing to go with lazy consensus on this, so unless anybody
> objects to us replacing the 23 April draft with a more recent version,
> and does so by the time we complete our next call (possibly to be
> scheduled for 30 July), then I will view that as a group decision to
> publish.

I object to the working group ONLY publishing a new draft of
the Hixie fork of the HTML5 specification, because the industry
and the public are already confused enough about the state of
the activities of the W3C HTML working group and the process
we are embarking on.

My objection would be satisfied if we also simultaneously published
Mike Smith's document and/or Manu's fork as First Public Working
Drafts along with a clear public explanation of the process we
are now engaging.

Thanks,

Larry
--