Re: Submitting comments form within the spec itself

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 23:53:01 -0600
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Jul 24, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> Based on recent discussions I've implemented a little text box on the
> WHATWG versio nof the spec that lets you file bugs straight from the
> spec
> itself:
>
>   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/
>
> Comments submitted in this way are anonymous (well, your IP is logged
> publicly, but that's all).
>
> Please only use it for short issues like typos! Technical topics
> with any
> kind of complexity are still best off filed by e-mail.

Are the comment anonymous but publicly visible, or anonymous and
confidential? I would prefer the former. I would also prefer
commenters are given the option to identify themselves if they choose
- for example if they would like an eventual reply, but don't feel
comfortable giving their initial feedback by email or through bugzilla.

Regards,
Maciej