Re: Draft Formal Reply (was: Draft of @summary text for HTML 5 poll)

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:05:57 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Hi Sam,

> If anybody disagrees with this approach, please speak up.

Why not thank PF for their work and say that their text seems a bit
confusing to us. Since Ian has done new work on the spec, ask PF if
they would be agreeable if we forgo the straw poll. Ask them if what
Ian has in the spec (after the new draft is published and stable)
meets accessibility *functional requirements*. If they say yes, we are
done. If they say no, ask what accessibility functionality is still
missing and we proceed from there.

Going into the whole history seems counter productive. Let's move on
from where we are.

Best Regards,
Laura
--