Re: separate HTML 5 editor procedures evolving

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:15:38 -0400
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
CC: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Shelley Powers wrote:

> In the the thread is a practical discussion about how to manage the
> changes. Note you do have to be experienced with Unix (or Mac OS X
> Terminal) to follow most of the discussion, as well as having worked
> with CVS. However, as the discussion continues and suggestions are
> refined, hopefully none of this will provide a hinderance to anyone.

For those who are not familiar with such, the following is a text file:

http://svn.whatwg.org/webapps/source

Feel free to download it (File->SaveAs) and make a copy.  Edit the copy.
  Use notepad if you like -- it doesn't matter.  All that is required is
basic knowledge of HTML, which should not be a problem for this group.
If you name your copy with an extension of ".html", you can view the
document with your changes applied.  It won't have all the pretty
styling or table of contents, but it will be functional.

If you make the original that you based your changes off of and the copy
available to someone who is familiar with version management tools, they
can make a diff and apply the change and checkin the result.  Manu has
indicated that he is willing to be one such person.  I'm hopeful that
others will emerge.

- Sam Ruby