spellcheck DOM attribute sets content attributes to states, leaving case undefined

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <gsneddon@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:33:18 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org
Currently the spec. says, for element.spellcheck:

> On setting, if the new value is an ASCII case-insensitive match for the string "default" then the content attribute must be removed, if the new value is an ASCII case-insensitive match for the string "true" then the content attribute must be set to the string "true", if the new value is an ASCII case-insensitive match for the string "false" then the content attribute must be set to the string "false", and otherwise the attribute setter must raise a SYNTAX_ERR exception.

As spellcheck is an enumerated attribute, states are ASCII
case-insensitive. Under my reading of the spec., this means upon setting
the DOM attribute to either "true" or "false" the content attribute must
be set to "true" or "false" respectively, case-insensitively. We
probably ought to define a case for it to be set to.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon  Opera Software
<http://gsnedders.com/>