Re: Codecs for <video> and <audio>

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Ian Hickson<ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Shelley Powers wrote:
>>
>> I'm assuming that the companies that have this veto power are Apple
>> (Webkit), Microsoft, Opera, Google, and Mozilla. Do I have that right,
>> or are their other vendors with this absolute veto power?
>
> Since Rob doesn't like me repeating myself, I'll just point to this post,
> where I answered basically the same questions:
>
>   http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-July/020804.html
>
> HTH,
> --
> Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
> http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
> Things that are impossible just take longer.   `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

All due respect to Rob, but I think everyone in the list should read
that email. I appreciate you posting the link.

So I guessed right on the companies, but frankly, if Microsoft were to
come in and say it isn't going to implement Canvas, Video, SVG, and so
on, they'll be gone.

That's unnerving.

Shelley