level of support for microdata (was Re: Why I don't attend the weekly teleconference)

Hi Shelley,

> I don't support the microdata section because [...] there is no
> support for it anywhere, and only a few people have come along and
> said they actually liked it. And as far as I can see, none of these
> people originally submitted a use case for a section on semantic
> metadata, so one has to assume they're really not all that
> interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warnocked

Perhaps people felt the use cases already submitted adequately covered
the issue, and so had no additional use cases to submit. Perhaps people
felt that someone else had already expressed their point of view, and
thus refrained from simply +1ing. In any case, I don't think you can
read much into how much interest people have based on mailing list
participation. God knows there's enough public-html mail as it is.

--
Ted