Re: Codecs for <video> and <audio>

From: Rob Sayre <rsayre@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 23:38:47 -0400
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Joe D Williams <joedwil@earthlink.net>, robert@ocallahan.org, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, public-html@w3.org
On 7/2/09 11:25 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Mozilla is also trying to force their preferred solution via the spec,

The W3C process will be followed. Are you suggesting otherwise?

> without actually resolving the underlying issues.

The underlying issue seems to be that no one can prove a negative
regarding patent claims. I don't expect there will be meaningful
advances in proving negatives.

"are you sure there are no hamburgers on the moon? have you looked under
every rock?"
> Easy for you to say - Mozilla is much less likely to get sued than
> vendors with deeper pockets.

Never utter this kind of garbage in the group again. No one should
tolerate this stuff from an MPEG-LA member.

- Rob