Re: Codecs for <video> and <audio>

From: Rob Sayre <rsayre@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 18:49:06 -0400
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, Joe D Williams <joedwil@earthlink.net>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, public-html@w3.org
On 7/2/09 6:37 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>>> (I've also received requests from browser vendors to not require WAVE
>>> support in the first place, though I have up to this point managed to
>>> convince them to keep WAVE support regardless.)
>>>
>> That baffles me. I can't think of any reason someone would have a
>> problem supporting Wave PCM.
>>

> As I mentioned, as far as I'm aware the vendor in question will be
> supporting WAVE regardless, so this is a non-issue.

Which browser vendor is it? What's happening here is pretty much the
opposite of an open process.

- Rob