Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 22:38:20 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: public-html <public-html@w3.org>
Julian Reschke wrote:
> On the other hand, working on microdata-like stuff *is* in our charter,
> so right now it's not clear to me why the WG *would* pass control to a
> different Working Group.

The part I was thinking of is:

"The HTML WG is encouraged to provide a mechanism to permit
independently developed vocabularies such as Internationalization Tag
Set (ITS), Ruby, and RDFa to be mixed into HTML documents."

...but of course that's about defining extension points, not putting an
alternative to RDFa into the spec.

Best regards, Julian