Re: reasonable length of time before bugs in bugzilla database are addressed

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> Hi Ian & Shelley,
>
> Let's not fight over blame or needle each other, but rather look for
> constructive ways to make good progress. In particular:
>
> => At this time it does not look to me like editorial actions by Ian are the
> long pole on getting to last call. Our oldest open bug is much more recent
> than our oldest open issue.
>
> => It looks like we now have a process with a good chance of getting the
> open issues resolved. Let's give it a chance to work.
>
> => If the chairs at some future point conclude that resolving bugs is the
> bottleneck, we will address the issue.
>
> Regards,
> Maciej

That's an excellent response, Maciej. And very good points.

I also agree that the Change Process should help, and will try to
practice patience. I believe one area where Ian and I agree is we're
both anxious to see HTML5 progress, and that can make me, at least,
impatient.

It's time to turn my attention to other things for a time.

Thanks, much, and Happy Holidays.

Shelley