Re: reasonable length of time before bugs in bugzilla database are addressed

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Shelley Powers wrote:

> With Ian's commitments to so many specifications, we need to consider
> starting off next year with a discussion about adding a couple of new
> editors, to help ease the burden placed on one man.

If anyone would like to edit anything, I'm more than happy to help getting
people up to speed. There are literally dozens of critical specs in the
Web standards space that desperately need more editors. So yes, please, if
you can bring in more editors, do so.

I work on the number of specs that is necessary to make good progress on
all of the specs that I work on. This is why, for instance, I stay on
schedule -- back in 2006 (before the W3C started work on HTML5), I
predicted that we would reach zero open issues in the WHATWG in October
2009, and that is exactly what happened. Meanwhile, the W3C HTML WG was
formed with the charter stating that Last Call (zero issues) would be
reached in June 2008 -- at which point the HTMLWG's issue tracker was
still more than a year from reaching its peak of open issues. So the
numbers don't suggest that I'm overwhelmed with work, they suggest the
HTML WG is overwhelmed with work.

(I already said all this here:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Dec/0195.html
...but you didn't reply, and instead just repeated your statement again.
I would appreciate it if we as a working group could rely on people not
repeating arguments after they've already been responded to, without
acknowledging those responses and adjusting the arguments accordingly.)